Instant Branding for Retail Products
Metallic hang tag printing is the solution for poor customer awareness. With a hang tag attached to every product you’re selling, customers can easily remember your business and recommend it to friends and family.
What are my coating options?
There are two metallic print hang tag coating options available:
- No Coating – Can easily be written on but lacks the protection high-gloss UV coating provides.
- High-Gloss UV Coating – Ultra-shiny surface. Protects from fingerprints and damage caused by moisture.
What are the sizes and shapes available?
You have two shape options: square and rectangle, with most customers preferring square hang tags. Here are the size options for both.
- Rectangle – 1.75" x 3.5", 2" x 3.5", 2" x 4", 2" x 6", 3.5" x 1.5"
- Square – 2" x 2" (most popular), 2.5" x 2.5", 3.5" x 3.5"
Ready to make your very own custom metallic print hang tags? Upload your design today.
What does turnaround time mean?
This is the number of business days it would take to print your metallic hang tags. Mailing time is not included.
Do you offer spot UV?
Yes, we have a spot UV option. Use this to highlight specific design details like your company logo.
Do you include strings with your hang tags?
No, but we can add ⅛” holes to make it easier for you to add ribbons or strings.
What kind of cardstock do you use?
Metallic print hang tags are printed on 16 pt. cardstock.
16 pt. Cardstock
- Quite sturdy and will not bend easily
- Best paired with high-end retail products
- About half as thick as a credit card
Guidelines for setting up your print file:
- For ideal text outcome, use san serif fonts 12 pt. or larger.
- The metallic mask and CMYK print file should align properly.
- Avoid using dark colors. The metallic effect shows up more with lighter colors.
- The metallic foil should be a separate layer on your file (download our free file setup template for more information).
- Use at least 15%K in the white area if you would like to create high quality plain silver foil.
If you need help setting up your file, call Customer Service at 888-296-5760 and ask about our Design Services.
High Gloss UV Coating is applied to selected areas. It draws attention and provides visual interest to your prints. If your artwork has both Spot UV and Foil, please leave a 1/16" gap in between. They cannot overlap.