Custom Hang Tag Printing That Shows Off the Best of Your Brand
An attractive and informative hang tag can make or break a customer's final decision. Customize every detail of your hang tag printing so that your brand is distinguished and your product’s many advantages are clearly communicated.
What Are the Best Sizes for My Hang Tag?
The size will depend on what your hang tag design is emphasizing. Will it showcase your logo or highlight specific details of the product with images? Are you providing specific instructions on how to use or care for their purchase with a custom clothing label? The purpose of the hang tag, apart from pricing, will help you determine which width and height works best for your custom hang tags. The available sizes are for square and rectangular custom tags, with the following as the most popular dimensions:
- 2” x 3.5” is the same size as a standard business card.
- 2” x 4” is slightly longer than the previous one.
- 2.5" x 2.5” gives a square shape that helps emphasize a logo or central image.
What Options Are Available for Hole Drilling?
Hole drilling (or punching) is handy and helpful on hang tags that will be manually tied to personalized packages. Place the hole in any of the following locations:
Top Left or Top Right does not distract the buyer from product details on the hang tag.
Top Center is ideal for square shaped or vertically oriented designs.
Right Center is recommended for horizontally oriented tag designs, shifting the focus on any informative graphics or images.
You can also choose from the following hole sizes, arranged from smallest to the largest:
Still unsure how to start your hang tag design? Download one of our layout templates that come in a wide range of standard and custom sizes. Our print experts are also available to answer any of your questions. You can also request for custom quotes
if you require specific details for your hang tag printing. Be sure to select the free PDF proof option so you can approve the design before printing.
When can I expect to receive my custom hang tags?
Your order can be ready for shipping after 1 business day. The printing turnaround times indicate how long it takes to produce your order. Your order will be shipped to the indicated address the day after the printing turnaround period.
Does my hang tag order come with the string hole?
You will have to select a hole placement on the online calculator to include a string hole. While the string hole is optional, it is essential for small business owners that personally tie each tag to their product. You can opt to not include the hole if you own a hang tag gun.
What Are the Advantages of Each Cardstock & Coating?
We offer sturdy and reliable cardstocks that come in a variation of protective coatings.
16 pt. Glossy Cardstock
- Stiff stock with a reflective coating
- Shows off vibrant colors on both sides
- Ideal for tag designs with graphics or image-based instructions
16 pt. Matte Cardstock
- Sturdy, durable stock with a smooth, non-reflective coating
- Provides an understated and higher-end look
- Perfect for luxury brands that require a timeless, elegant look
14 pt. Glossy Cardstock
- Sturdy stock with a reflective shine that makes colors pop
- Best applied on both sides if it’s an image-heavy design
14 pt. High Gloss UV Front, Glossy Back Cardstock
- Durable stock with mirror-like coating on the front for a more vibrant effect
- Gloss gives a reflective finish on the back to sustain emphasis on the design
- High gloss UV front is abrasion and scratch resistant
14 pt. High Gloss UV Front, Uncoated Back Cardstock
- Highly vibrant front is complemented with a less saturated uncoated surface at the back
- Uncoated back provides excellent writability
- Recommended for designs that balance image and text on each side
14 pt. High Gloss UV Cardstock
- Gives a mirror-like coating on both sides
- Provides a higher vibrancy than the gloss UV cardstock options
14 pt. Uncoated Cardstock
- Sturdy stock used for its excellent writability. Colors may look less saturated
- A sturdy stock used for its excellent writability
- Colors appear less saturated but can highlight lengthier text or written instructions
14 pt. Matte Cardstock
- A sturdy stock with an understated, non-reflective coating
- Provides a luxurious look and feel to the hang tag design
- Makes lengthier text readable on both sides
13 pt. Matte Recycled Cardstock
- Only matte coated stock made in North America with 100% recycled fiber
- Has a non-reflective elegant finish, sharp color reproduction, and unmatched environmental specifications
- Bleached without the use of chlorine compounds
- Ancient Forest Friendly, Green-e Certified, Acid-Free and Archival
Download Blank Print Templates
Set up your print file with correct trim and folding lines by downloading a blank template for your preferred design software.