- Wide array of shapes and sizes
- Waterproof options available
- Easy-to-use design tool
- Free file check
Create Custom Food Labels for Your Products
With all the products available online and in stores, how do you stand out?
Get noticed with the help of food label printing. Entice customers to try your food products with well-designed and informative custom food labels from PrintRunner. With quality food labels, even the simplest packaging can stand out from the shelf.
Food labels are essential because they’re utilized from start to finish. They not only attract shoppers but also help them decide if they should purchase your product. Food labels may also provide nutrition information, preparation instructions, and product freshness dates.
At PrintRunner, we offer custom labels for all your product needs. Our cut-to-size food labels have scored liners for easy peel and stick. You can also order them in roll format to fit label dispensers for faster application.
Use labels on homemade jams, baked goods, craft brews, or a bag of chips. From waterproof vinyl for jars and bottles to white paper sticker for indoor use, our materials are customizable for any kind of product.
Enjoy free shipping on qualified orders. We can print and have food labels ready for delivery in just 24 hours. Upload your press-ready files before 5:00 p.m. PT from Monday to Friday and we’ll ship your order out by 6:00 p.m. PT the next business day.
Choose From Different Sizes, Shapes, and Materials
Our cut-to-size and roll food labels come in a wide range of sizes to fit your
branding and design. For cut-to-size, choose our most popular size 2” x 2” to
our largest size 17” x 12”. For roll labels, sizes range from 0.5” x 1” up to
6” x 6.5”.
Try circle and oval-shaped labels to highlight your business logo or square and rectangle to wrap around bottles and rounded containers. You can also add rounded corners for a more streamlined look. To give your food labels a unique silhouette, choose an eye-catching shape like arch, hexagon, heart, starburst, or even opt for a custom shape to make sure your products stand out while on display.
Cut-to-size labels are individually cut to their size and shape and delivered in stacks. We offer two types of adhesives for cut-to-size food labels:
- White paper sticker is the perfect choice for general indoor label applications. You can choose between gloss, high-gloss UV, or matte coating. Gloss lends a reflective shine and vibrance to your design, while high-gloss UV doubles this effect. This material also protects your labels from scuffs and scratches. Matte coating has a non-reflective, muted effect that works best for elegant and minimalist label designs.
- White vinyl is UV-resistant and waterproof, so you can use it for both indoor and outdoor labels. Our most durable material for food labels, white vinyl is best used on bottles and containers that are exposed to moisture or stored in a refrigerator.
Meanwhile, our roll food labels are wound on a standard 3” core that fits most label dispensers. Here are the label materials to choose from:
- White Premium Sticker Paper is our most popular paper label. Optional gloss or matte lamination adds oil & water-resistance to the label face.
- BOPP (White, Clear, and Silver Metallic) is an oil and water-resistant label made from polypropylene. We highly recommend this material for products that require exposure to water, oil, moisture, or refrigeration.
- White Vellum Texture - Estate #8 is a warm white adhesive paper with a tactile paper feel. Optional matte UV coating adds scratch and moisture-resistance to the label face. This is a popular option for wine and beverage bottle labels.
- Cream Laid Texture - Estate #9 is a cream-colored adhesive paper with a subtle linear texture. This is also a popular option for wine and beverage bottle labels. Optional matte UV coating adds scratch and moisture-resistance. Similar with Estate #8, this material is writable without any additional coating.
Tips For Effective Food Label Printing
Get the most out your custom labels with these printing tips:
- Use them for branding or even as a supplementary print for your products. Aside from your logo, you can include preparation instructions, recommended recipes, social media pages, and contact information. You can even use labels to share your product story. Customers appreciate having that connection with the brands they shop from.
- Use them for labeling gifts and limited-edition products. Brands do this to increase sales especially for gift-giving holidays like Valentine’s day and Christmas. You can create labels with a themed gift-tag design so that buyers don’t need to wrap them as a gift. Use white paper sticker in gloss so they can easily write on the labels.
- For the label design, pick fonts that suit your brand. Choose one or two legible fonts that customers can easily read. Food labels can be small, so choose the right font and size that matches the available space on your packaging.
- Use attention-grabbing colors that match your branding. You may also go for those that correspond with the flavors of your product so shoppers can easily find what they need. When creating your food labels, make sure your design has a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and saved in CMYK color format for high-quality and accurate results.
Ready to order? Upload your design on the website or try our easy-to-use online design tool to create a layout. We also offer free blank templates that you can use with any design software application.
FDA Food Labeling Requirements
The Food and Drug Administration set specific guidelines when it comes to food
labels. Here are some of the things that you need to include in your label
Mandatory Labeling Requirements
- Name and address of the manufacturer, distributor, or packer
- List of ingredients
- Nutrition facts
- Food allergens
- Statement of identity (name of the food)
- Net quantity of contents
Additional Requirements Imposed by USDA/FSIS
- Inspection legend and establishment number
- Special handling instructions for products requiring refrigeration or freezing
- Safe handling instructions for products not considered ready to eat
For more information on the FDA’s requirements for food labels, check out this guide.
Question and Answer
What is the minimum order quantity for custom food labels?
The minimum order quantity is 250 pieces for roll food labels and 25 pieces for cut-to-size, but you can order up to 100,000 using our product calculator. If the quantity you need is not available in the menu, you can call us at 888-296-5760 or send us an email so we can provide you a custom quote.
Do you offer your food labels in waterproof materials?
Yes. Our custom food labels may come in BOPP or white vinyl, which are both waterproof. BOPP is great for products that need refrigeration since it is resistant to oil and moisture. White vinyl is our most durable label material and is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
Can I use custom shapes for cut-to-size food labels?
Cut-to-size labels are available only in rectangle, circle, and oval. We recommend roll labels if you want to print in non-traditional shapes such as heart and starburst. These unique shapes will surely capture the attention of your target customers.
I don’t have a design yet. Can you help me create one?
You can use our online design tool in creating your artwork. Click the link “Design Your File Online” to use this service. You will have access to more than one million stock images that you can use in your artwork. Alternatively, you can choose the “Buy Now/Upload Later” option if you want to pay for your order and upload your artwork at a later time.
Do you have label templates?
Yes, we do. We offer free downloadable templates that you can use as a guide to design your food labels. Just click on the Templates tab below the order calculator and select your preferred size and shape. These blank templates are compatible with popular design software like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Publisher.
How much does it cost to print food labels?
You may use the order calculator to check the estimated price of your labels. The cost depends on the size, material, and quantity that you’d like to order. For example, 100 pieces of size 2” x 2” stickers on glossy sticker paper costs 31¢ each. If you order 500 labels, the cost drops to 10¢ per piece.
Will I see a proof before you print the labels?
Yes, our prepress team will e-mail you a PDF document for your review. You may check the PDF proof for any design errors and make necessary changes before it goes to print. This process is free of charge and will be ready within 6 hours after you place your order.
What’s the standard turnaround time for your custom food labels?
The standard turnaround time for our roll food labels is six (6) business days. If you want a rush order, you can expedite the process to four (4) or two (2) business days for an additional fee. Meanwhile, standard orders for our cut-to-size food labels are ready to ship in three (3) business days but rush orders can be expedited to next business day.
Download Blank Print Templates
Set up your print file with correct trim and folding lines by downloading a blank template for your preferred design software.