Rekindle the Spark in Reading
Get booklovers back into reading and into your brand with metallic bookmark printing. These have a built-in shine that put a spotlight on your important information. Give them away during a book signing or launch, as a book-themed party invitation, or as an event giveaway.
Bookworm or not, custom metallic bookmarks are a functional and unforgettable crowd-pleaser.
How Is Metallic Bookmark Printing Done?
To get that brilliant shine, metallic bookmarks undergo three stages:
- Material. Durable 16 pt. gloss cardstock is used.
- Silver Foil. Next, silver foil is applied to the substrate.
- CMYK. Lastly, CMYK ink is printed on top of the silver foil. This results in a metallic finish that feels and sparkles like real metal.
Since metallic printing uses CMYK colors, you can play with any color of the rainbow and even push the foil effect to metallic gradients.
What Makes Up Metallic Bookmarks?
There are three main elements that you need to know when it comes to metallic bookmarks.
- Size: Custom-printed metallic bookmarks come in standard sizes such as 2" x 3.5", 2" x 4", and the popular 2" x 6" size.
- Coating: Get spot UV to emphasize the metallic shine, add more design, or create more texture. This finish also upgrades the look to a more premium feel.
- Tassel Hole: Each metallic bookmark features a 1/8” hole drill so you can attach a tassel. This is located on the top center of your bookmark.
You can also opt to print on one side or print on both so you can maximize the space available.
Why Should I Choose Metallic Bookmark Printing?
Metallic bookmarks are a great visual strategy to ensure your message will be read. Here are other reasons why you should make premium bookmarks your next great marketing solution:
- Convenience. Distributing them is easy, thanks to their small handy size. They fit right in your pocket or bag so you can take them anywhere easily without the hassle.
- Cost-Effectiveness. The glamorous shimmer of metallic printing looks expensive without the huge cost. .
- Familiarity. Bookmarks have always been a mainstay in people’s lives since learning how to read. You are sure to receive positive feedback when handing these out everywhere.
Be creative when designing your metallic bookmarks. Check out our free downloadable templates so you can start making your very own custom bookmark printing design. When you’re done, just upload the finished artwork on the site and we’ll create a free proof for you.
How to Set Up Your Metallic File for Printing:
- Use a sans serif font that is 12 pt. or larger for your text to be crisp and clear.
- Properly align the metallic mask and CMYK print file.
- Avoid using dark metallic colors. The metallic effect shows up more with lighter colors.
- Make sure the metallic foil is a separate layer on your file. You can download our free file setup template for more information.
- Utilize at least 15%K in the white area to create high quality plain silver foil.
For any question on how to set up your file, please call Customer Service at 888-296-5760 and ask about our Design Services.
What do you mean by “printing turnaround time”?
“Printing turnaround” is the number of days we need to produce your order. It does not include shipping transit time, holidays and weekends.
What is spot UV?
This is a clear high-gloss UV-treated coating that makes your metallic ink printing shine more brilliantly. It also adds more texture and depth to your metallic bookmarks’ design.
What do you mean “free proof”?
Our free proof is a free file check we offer to see if your design is free of errors. This will allow you to see your design and make significant changes if needed before we send it for printing.
What Kind of Material Is Used for Metallic Bookmark Printing?
Metallic bookmarks are printed on 16 pt. glossy cardstock.
16 pt. Glossy Cardstock
- One of our thickest cardstock options
- Extremely tough and not flimsy
- Will withstand being handed over from one person to another
This clear high gloss UV coating is applied to selected areas. Add this to draw attention and boost the visual interest of your metallic flyers.
Make sure you leave a 1/16” gap in between your metallic and spot UV accents. These two cannot overlap.