If you’re a business owner who wants to broaden the reach of your brand, then the answer to your concern is using personalized stickers and labels. Stickers and labels are affordable and, when part of a winning marketing strategy, can leave a good impression on your potential customers.
However, simply printing custom stickers and labels is not enough. Not giving importance to design best practices can negatively impact your brand. The presentation and feel of your product reflect the creativity of your business.
To prevent any negative perceptions of your brand, here are some mistakes in designing stickers and labels, as well as tips on how to avoid them from happening.
Poorly Designed Artwork
To make your brand stand out, quality should be given top priority. It’s best to invest in a professional’s services to handle your artwork. In addition to saving you time and money, you can feel confident that your preferences will be met while creating enticing custom stickers and labels. Using the right fonts, images, graphics, and fonts will help maximize the impact of your sticker campaign.
Finding typos and spelling errors on labels and stickers can be embarrassing for your business. Remember to proofread your content before sending it out for printing. Thoroughly scan every line of text to ensure that there’s no room for any spelling or grammatical errors.
Wrong Type of Adhesive
Before ordering a sticker, take note of the following:
- On what surface or product will the sticker be placed?
- Is it for indoor or outdoor use?
- Do you want the sticker to be removable and transferrable?
When you have the answers to these questions, check if a repositionable, permanent, or removable adhesive is the right choice. At PrintRunner, our experts are ready to answer your inquiries.
Related Article: How to Choose the Right Sticker Label
Too Much Information
Making your custom stickers and labels cluttered and text-heavy may turn away rather than attract potential customers. Because stickers and labels have limited space, keep your content simple yet impactful.
Mistakes do happen but, with these tips in mind, you can improve the quality of your sticker and label design. It is good for your reputation, brand recall, and even your customer’s unboxing experience. Trust in the specialists at PrintRunner. We assure you that your printing needs are in good hands.
Why Choose PrintRunner?
PrintRunner is a trusted online printing company providing professionally printed stickers and labels at competitive rates. Customers are given full customization options from concept to completion. Through its state-of-the-art equipment and comprehensive design tools, PrintRunner serves as a one-stop shop for all your sticker and label printing requirements. Order with us today! Free shipping for orders over $39!
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of materials do you use for stickers and labels?
We offer many types of materials depending on the kind of stickers and labels you’ll order. We use:
- Matte white – Recommended if you plan to write on your stickers with a pen or pencil.
- Gloss white – For indoor use and writing on with a ballpoint pen or permanent marker.
- High-gloss – Perfect if you want protection from scratches.
- White vinyl – Can also be used for both die-cut and roll sticker materials. If you’re looking for waterproof, weather-resistant paper, this is for you.
- BOPP (biaxially oriented polypropylene) – Commonly used for beauty products and food, this paper is oil- and moisture-resistant and refrigerator-safe.
- Estate paper – Naturally textured with a matte surface. If you’re going for an elegant design, this is the paper to choose.
- White paper sticker sheets – For sticker sheet materials.
What label formats do you offer?
We provide four types of label formats in different sizes, shapes, and materials. These are:
- Cut-to-size labels – Good for bulk orders or small quantities. These labels are cut according to your preferred shape or size.
- Kiss-cut labels – Similar to cut-to-size, but this format has a border and backing sheet around the label. This prevents stickers with intricate shapes from getting torn when peeled off.
- Sheet labels – Printed on 8.5” x 11” adhesive paper. Recommended for administrative purposes and shipping labels.
- Roll labels – Typically used for bulk orders, these are stickers wrapped around a cardboard spool.
What sticker and label shapes are available?
We offer standard shapes like circle, rectangle, square, and oval. If you want bold, eye-catching shapes that pop, you can try using fun shapes in your design, such as starburst, hexagon, arch, heart, and other custom shapes.
Can I design my own label?
Yes, you can. There are two ways to design your own label: download our free print templates or use the online design tool on our website.
How soon can I receive my order?
Stickers can be available for shipping the next business day as soon as the checkout and proofing processes are completed. For labels, the timetable depends on the specifications and your location. Some labels, like food labels, take around one business day to print. Others such as custom name labels have a printing time as long as eight business days. The estimated delivery date can also be seen when you enter the ZIP code and your preferred turnaround time in the order calculator.