How to Choose the Perfect Shape for Your Label
Size and Shape Matters More Than You Think
Custom labels are one of the most popular marketing materials used in the nation, but the importance of choosing the right shape should not be ignored. Certain shapes convey messages better than some. Whether you prefer traditional shapes or want bold die-cut designs, we can guide you in creating a custom label that can elevate your products from the competition.
Popular Label Shapes That Fit Perfectly
What label shape goes well with specific products? It's important to
choose one that complements your items well. Legibility and visibility
must go hand in hand in order to maximize the visual impact and the
strength of your messaging. Here are a few points to consider with
some of the most popular label shapes:
- Custom circle labels – Round labels are ideally placed on similarly shaped products such as cookie tins or cosmetics. This gives your items a classy, elegant look with a design that pops.
- Rectangle and square labels – These are best used with elongated products that require plenty of text in the label, such as bottles and tubes. Usually, these are wrapped around the product so that customers can quickly see and read all of the details you’ve placed on the label.
- Unique die-cuts – Custom-shaped labels are made to stand out. These work perfectly with clear containers so that the artwork creates visual contrast with the actual product, which captures attention.
- Oval labels – Ovals are ideal for minimalist designs. It provides a clean, simple, elegant look that’s suited for bottles, jars, and other gourmet food.
- Custom size labels – If your products or packaging are off-sized, you can create a label with specific dimensions that fit your items best. Choose ‘Custom’ from the Shape dropdown and enter the specific measurements you need.
Product Labeling for Success
Determine what goes on your label – Before even starting with the design, you have to decide on the exact details you want to place on the labels. Will you use just the logo and nothing else? Do you need to add ingredients, potential allergens, or nutritional information? Once you’ve decided on all the details you need, you’ll be able to plan the label real estate better.
Choose your package shape – Where will you place the labels? Is the packaging a subscription box, a clear container, or a bottle? Different shapes convey different messages. Once you’ve chosen the packaging material, you’ll be able to better visualize the label size and shape you need.
Measuring your container – Once you’ve decided on the packaging you’ll use, you need to measure the exact dimensions that fit the container best. By getting the precise measurements, you’re able to ensure that your labels look its best.
Consult a print expert – Still have design questions or want to outsource the whole process? You can consult our print experts who are standing by.
Why Choose PrintRunner?
PrintRunner provides fast, reliable personalized printing services for entrepreneurs. No expertise is required to produce professional looking packages. You can customize every aspect of your order – choose your label material, size, shape, and colors with ease. Whether you’re a startup looking to dabble in e-commerce or a long-time mom-and-pop shop seeking to expand your business, PrintRunner is the online printer of choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best label shape to use with food items?
Since pre-packaged food items are subject to FDA regulations, there are specific details that need to be placed on your labels. We recommend using rectangular shapes so that you have plenty of space to work with. You can review the FDA’s food labeling guide to make an informed choice.
What label material should I choose for drink bottles?
We recommend choosing BOPP or white vinyl for bottles. Both materials are durable, waterproof, and can handle temperature changes. They can be refrigerated and get wet without compromising its print quality.
Can I print labels of different shapes and sizes in one order?
If you need a few labels of different shapes and sizes, we recommend using sheet labels which lets you print multiple labels on a single sheet.
Do you have a minimum order quantity for custom labels?
You can order as few as 25 to as many as 50,000 custom labels in one order. If you need more, you can request a custom quote.
How soon can I receive my custom label order?
Your custom labels can be ready as quickly as the next business day as long as we receive your order by 10 a.m. ET.
- How to Choose the Right Label
- How to Choose the Correct Label Size
- How to Create Great Product Labels