PrintRunner has finally chosen the organization to receive the major sponsorship from its Nonprofit Printing. The selected nonprofit organization will receive $250US worth of Design Services, $500US worth of print materials, and a $1,000US cash prize, in addition to the 10% discount on all products and services available at PrintRunner.com.
For the month of September, PrintRunner has picked Alzheimer’s Association – California Southland Chapter.
For people in the Alzheimer’s Association, there’s no bigger disease than the deterioration of your loved one’s mental state. According to their site’s facts and figures, Alzheimer’s is the sixth leading cause of death in the US and the only fatal disease among the top 10 causes that can neither be cured nor prevented. This is why the organization is intent on decreasing the number of people inflicted with this disease, currently at 5.4 million Americans.
To their credit, Alzheimer’s Association has done more than their fair share in their quest of stamping out this disease. Below are some of the cool things they have done since starting out.
- September is World Alzheimer’s Month! The organization celebrated the event on September 21 by not only calling volunteers to wear purple, but also get them to change their Twitter and Facebook purple to show their support to the organization’s cause.
- The organization has established local chapters across the country, bringing people closer to accessible information about Alzheimer’s and how to deal with this sickness. You can find the nearest chapter in your city by clicking here.
- Alzheimer’s Association has an impressive and comprehensive online support to further extend their help to people looking for reliable information about Alzheimer’s on the internet. The ALZConnected hosts the organization’s active message boards, allowing people with experiences of taking care for patients with Alzheimer’s to share their knowledge to the group. The Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch® connects researchers with volunteers in the former’s aim to find treatments to ultimately cure the disease. The organization has also released online training and care resources through its essentiALZ™, as well as free e-learning workshops.
- They engage the community to join their cause against Alzheimer’s by holding the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. This ongoing event aims to raise public awareness about the disease and encourage them to take an early diagnosis. By visiting the page, you can choose which date and how you want to participate.
- You can take part in their cause. Aside from making a donation online, you can participate by means of corporate sponsorship, workplace giving, and fundraising events. Click here for more information!