- Choose from different shapes and sizes
- Waterproof and microwave-safe options
- Easy-to-use design tool
- Free file check
Custom Product Labels for Any Business
Custom product labels can help strengthen shelf presence and boost brand
recognition. Since it’s the first thing customers see, it’s important to pay
attention to how the product label looks like from their perspective.
We at PrintRunner offer a wide selection of labels to suit all types of products. Our product labels come with self-adhesive properties that make them easy to stick on most dry surfaces. They also come in various shapes, from standard options such as rectangle, square, oval, circle, arch, hexagon, heart, starburst to custom ones that will undoubtedly make your product stand out.
Our custom product labels can be printed in either cut-to-size or roll format. Personalize labels by uploading any design or logo, or create one from scratch using our beginner-friendly online design tool. We’ll even give you a free file check to make the final design gets printed without any errors.
Order as little as 25 pieces up to 100,000 labels. PrintRunner offers affordable printing rates suitable for any business budget. You can even get an instant quote using our order calculator – just select your preferred size, quantity, and material and the estimated cost will appear at the bottom of the calculator.
Experience quality label printing services at PrintRunner today.
Tips to Create Effective Product Labels
Despite being one of the most important print products used by businesses, labels are still often overlooked until the last minute. Here are some helpful tips on how to create product labels that will convince shoppers to buy your product.
Determine the right label shape and size.
Measure the amount of space on the product packaging that can be allocated for the product label to ensure an accurate fit. Keep in mind that some industries have specific guidelines for product labels.
Follow industry regulations.
Product labels for goods sold in the US must comply with the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA). The FPLA requires labels on household consumer commodities to include information such as:
- Statement identifying the commodity
- Name and address of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor
- Net quantity of contents in terms of weight, measure, or numerical count
Choose the right label material
Consider your product, container surface, and design when choosing your label
stock. If your product is only used indoors, white paper sticker or an
uncoated label material works.
For products that will be exposed to water or refrigeration, use vinyl sticker or biaxially-oriented polypropylene (BOPP). Different label materials and their finishes also offer various printing effects. Glossy finishes not only protect your prints but also boost saturation to your design. Matte coating, on the other hand, has a more subdued finish that diffuses light and shine. These small but significant details can make or break your design.
Design Premium Product Labels with PrintRunner
- Step 1: Use the Product Calculator. Choose your product label specifications such as size, material, quantity, and printing turnaround time.
- Step 2: Upload your Design. If you don’t have a ready-made artwork, you can create your layout using our design tool by clicking Design Online. It lets you upload your own images, add text and shapes, and change colors to suit your label preferences.
- Step 3a: Get Your Design Checked. If you upload your own design, select “’I Need a PDF Proof” and we’ll create a PDF file for you to review. Once you’ve approved the file, we can proceed to printing your labels.
- Step 3b: Save Your Design. If you created your design on the website, you can choose to Save Your Design and access it another time under your account or Proceed to Checkout and follow the rest of the proofing and billing process.
What’s the difference between cut-to-size labels and roll labels?
Cut-to-size product labels are already pre-cut individually and
delivered in stacks, while roll labels are printed and spun
around a cardboard spool for faster machine application.
If you are ordering less than 250 pieces, we recommend cut-to-size labels. If you need more than 250 pieces, roll labels are more suitable because they are easier to apply manually and with a dispenser.
What’s the most durable product label material?
White vinyl is our toughest label material. Ideal for outdoor use, we highly recommend it for products exposed to heat, refrigeration, or water. It is also dishwasher safe.
How do I get my design checked for free?
Upload your design, then select the PDF Proof option and we’ll email a proof for your approval. Please allow up to 12 hours to receive this email.
How soon can I receive my product labels?
Use the order calculator to check your turnaround and shipping options. Indicate your preferred printing turnaround time and zip code; our order calculator will generate estimated arrival dates and costs based on your location.
Can I order sample labels?
You can request a free sample kit that includes our popular print product samples including stickers and labels. This helps you compare our variety of paper stocks, coatings, and features.
Download Blank Print Templates
Set up your print file with correct trim and folding lines by downloading a blank template for your preferred design software.