- Folding options showcase your new products and information
- Ample space for every detail in sizes such as 8.5” x 11” and 11” x 17”
- Durable coating protects the design from fading
Online Brochure Printing to Expand Your Target Market
Brochure printing is one of the most impactful yet low cost marketing strategies. Used by both small startups and established companies, brochures are able to unravel a business’ value and product highlights. It’s an item customers keep to better understand your business.
Use our online brochure maker (also known as our online design tool) to begin creating that versatile promotional material. Make sure to choose the best size and folding option for your brochure design. All brochures are printed high-quality paper and cardstock, each number indicating their corresponding thickness. Matte or glossy coating adds protection to your brochures.
Brochure Marketing Tips
To create an effective promotional tool, here are some tips to keep in mind before printing your brochure template.
- Brochure folds are the most distinctive features of brochures. Use the distinct flow of each to organize information.
- Limit the use of font types. Usually, two or three different fonts are enough—one for the title, one for the headers, and one for the body.
- Know your paper stock and coating. Consider using thicker paper for added durability. The coating you choose depends on your intended effect. A glossy finish is able to highlight images without drowning out your text. The matte coating is more subdued and guides customers through reading the brochure design.
- Use simple statements to get your point across and proofread before printing.
- Use high resolution photos. That first impression is important. Often, customers are turned off by blurry or grainy images.
Our customer service team members are experts who will guide you through our brochure printing options. Make sure to avail of our free check offer so all bases are covered before brochure printing.
Note: We fold all paper stock and 10 pt. cardstock brochures before delivery.
Question & Answer
What does “size (before folding)” mean?
“Size before folding” refers to the brochure’s length and width before it is folded into panels. We let you choose according to the total size since the folded size differs per fold. You can refer to the image above for how the size appears before folding and the corresponding folded size for each folding option.
What are the most popular brochure sizes?
The most popular sizes depend on the number of folds. For half-fold brochures, the most popular sizes (before folding) are: 5.5”x 8.5”, 8.5” x 11”, and 11” x 17”. The most popular sizes (before folding) for three-panel brochures are 8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, and 11” x 17”.
Should I use paper or cardstock material?
We recommend 70 lb. uncoated paper if you need to write information while discussing details with a client.
The 80 lb. and 100 lb. glossy papers offer more durability with a shiny finish, perfect for handing out or giving away at an event.
The 10 pt. cardstock is preferred for those who need something extra durable for display, as inserts or giveaways with products, or as mailable brochures.
How much does brochure printing cost?
This depends on your brochure type, material, and quantity. For example, ordering 1000 pieces of 8.5” x 11” trifold brochures with full-color printing on 100 lb. glossy paper will cost 23¢ each. The more you order, the lower the cost per unit. You can use the order calculator to check the price of the brochure you would like to order. Simply indicate the quantity, size, paper, and type of fold so the order calculator can generate an estimated price for your brochures.
What are the most popular brochure printing folds?
We offer a wide range of brochure folds that will work for any business. Here are our most popular types:
Half fold is printed on both sides and folded to give you a total of four panels. It’s a common choice because the design layout is simple to work with.
Tri-fold is another favorite among businesses because they are compact when folded and large enough to accommodate text and images.
French fold works well for large illustrations like maps and infographics.
Whatever your purpose, there’s plenty of ways you can customize your brochures with PrintRunner. Learn more about different brochure types and their ideal uses here.
I don’t have a design yet. Do you have templates?
We offer blank brochure templates that you can download. Just select your preferred size and it will provide the right file specifications for you to easily design your brochures on popular software like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.
How do I make a brochure?
You can create your own artwork online with our easy-to-use design tool. Follow these steps:
1. Choose your type of brochure from the category page.
2. Use the order calculator under “Get Started Here” to indicate your preferred brochure size, quantity, paper, and paper fold.
3. Select “Design Your File Online” and click “Start Designing”.
4. You will be redirected to PrintRunner's Online Design Tool.
5. Use the tool bar to upload and search for images, create shapes and text, and add colors to your custom brochures.
6. Once you are satisfied, click “Save As” then name your project. You can then proceed with the rest of the order process.
What file format should I upload for brochure printing?
Our preferred file format is PDF. We also accept JPG, PSD, PNG, TIF, EPS, AI, and PUB. We recommend a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for quality results. Before uploading, please set your color settings to CMYK and check for any grammatical or spelling errors.
Download Blank Print Templates
Set up your print file with the correct trim and folding lines by downloading a blank template for your preferred design software. Note that all sizes indicated refer to the brochure before folding.