Convey important nutritional information with high-quality and long-lasting labels.
Nutrition Labels for Proper Product PackagingWhether you’re a food manufacturer or a small business owner selling edible goods, providing nutrition information about your product is normally required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Nutrition labels provide important information that helps shoppers choose a brand or product. At the same time, nutritional facts add professionalism and reliability to your brand. When you promote your products as sugar-free or low in calories, nutrition labels will support these claims. Reports show that 86% of consumers appreciate transparency and expect companies to provide information that can help with their purchase decisions.
When it comes to custom labels, PrintRunner guarantees fast and affordable printing. Whether you need refrigerator-safe jar labels or waterproof bottle labels, you can customize your prints in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and materials.
Print nutrition labels for your business today. Save more when you print in bulk and enjoy qualified free shipping on minimum orders. You can use your own ready-made design or create one from scratch using our online design tool. Upload your design and our print experts can also check your file for free to ensure it meets technical printing guidelines.
How to Create FDA Compliant LabelsThe first step to printing custom labels is checking whether your product and business do require you to provide nutritional information. The FDA does not require a nutrition label for every food product, but it depends on what type of product and where it is being sold.
Some products and businesses qualify for an exception:
- Businesses that sell exclusively through small business retailers with less than $500,000 in annual gross sales of all products and less than $50,000 annual food sales.
- “Low-volume products” that are less than 100,000 units sold in 12 months
- Single-ingredient products like raw fruit or vegetables
- Baked goods and food that is prepared and sold onsite
If you are required to state your product’s nutritional info, the FDA also provides nutrition label guidelines to ensure proper labeling. It is mandatory to include the following information:
- Serving Information – In most cases, this is the amount commonly consumed per eating occasion, and the total number of servings per container. Household units such as cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, pieces, or fluid ounces are used for the serving size, followed by the metric equivalents in milliliters or grams.
- Calories – This is the most prominent part of the nutrition label. It shows the number of calories one consumes per serving.
- Nutrients – This part indicates the amount of nutrients in one serving such as fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber, sugar, protein, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium.
- Quick Guide to Percent Daily Value – This shows the percentage of the Daily Value for each nutrient in a serving of the food. It indicates whether the serving of food is high or low in nutrients, and how much each serving contributes to a total daily diet.
Nutrition Labels Q&AHow soon can I receive my order?
You can select your preferred printing turnaround time plus shipping transit time on the order calculator. Just input your ZIP code to get rates and the estimated shipping arrival dates.
What’s the difference between cut-to-size and roll labels?
Cut-to-size labels are cut according to their exact size and shape. They come in stacks, ready to hand out and apply with their easy bend-and-peel backing. Cut-to-size labels are great for low quantity orders and manual applications. This format comes in two (2) materials: white premium sticker paper and white vinyl.
Roll labels come wrapped around a cardboard spool that fits most label dispensers and applicators. They’re easier and much faster to apply, which makes roll labels great for bulk printing. This format comes in four (4) materials: white premium sticker paper, biaxially-oriented polypropylene (BOPP), white vinyl, and Estate adhesive paper.
I don’t have a design yet. Do you offer free label templates?
Yes, we offer free blank guideline templates you can download and use with your preferred design software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Publisher. You can find them below the order calculator in the Templates tab.
How do I use the online design tool?
Just follow these easy steps:
1. On the order calculator, select your label size, quantity, material, and other label specifications. Make sure to indicate your preferred turnaround time.
2. Click Design Your File Online. This brings you to our online design tool, where you can use the toolbar to upload your logo, add images and text, and shapes.
3. After designing your labels, click Save As and add a project name. You can also select Proceed to Order follow the rest of the checkout process.
Do I approve a proof before you print the labels?
Yes, our prepress team will e-mail you a PDF document for your review. You can check for any design errors and make necessary changes before it goes to print. This process is free of charge and will be ready within 6 hours after you place your order.